td4 boost fault

festasfuk

Hi folks, i have a 53 reg td4 with 96k on it and has a full service history.I bought it not long ago with the yellow engine management light on the dash, the symtoms of the vehicle fault is very sluggish performance and using excessive fuel - 35-45 miles from £10 of diesel. Iv since had it plugged in to the diagnostic reader which read; P1E30 - Boost control actuator malfunction". Now, i have since renewed the boost control solenoid valve (at a cost of £80) which didnt clear the fault, i dont want to keep throwing money at it so if anyone has any ideas as to what this little gremlin could be i would be really grateful.

Hi folks, i have a 53 reg td4 with 96k on it and has a full service history.I bought it not long ago with the yellow engine management light on the dash, the symtoms of the vehicle fault is very sluggish performance and using excessive fuel - 35-45 miles from £10 of diesel. Iv since had it plugged in to the diagnostic reader which read; P1E30 - Boost control actuator malfunction". Now, i have since renewed the boost control solenoid valve (at a cost of £80) which didnt clear the fault, i dont want to keep throwing money at it so if anyone has any ideas as to what this little gremlin could be i would be really grateful.

Had no warning lights when our 2003 Td4 was playing up but found an 8mm vaccum hose leading to the EGR activation solenoid was ruptured/ worn thru.

This appeared to affect the turbo boost performance also, a similar vaccum pipe sneaks across the injectors terminating on the turbo so the entire vaccum circuit was compromised by this leak, though the brakes required no extra effort.

Had no warning lights when our 2003 Td4 was playing up but found an 8mm vaccum hose leading to the EGR activation solenoid was ruptured/ worn thru.

This appeared to affect the turbo boost performance also, a similar vaccum pipe sneaks across the injectors terminating on the turbo so the entire vaccum circuit was compromised by this leak, though the brakes required no extra effort.

cheerz mike the bike, checked all hoses, all ok, just had a thot, the turbo has 9 adjustable vanes instead of wastegate and actuator is this right? could it be that these vanes are seized and causing engine man' light to come on? just a thot!