fuel pipe for Discovery 2

john(currie)

Had disco since new, 6 years old(diesel). For the third time the fuel pipe above the tank has leaked. The dealer has been very good with two temp. repairs, currently back in to see what can be done. Part will not be available until November. Any ideas would be welcomed, could a second hand pipe be used?

Had disco since new, 6 years old(diesel). For the third time the fuel pipe above the tank has leaked. The dealer has been very good with two temp. repairs, currently back in to see what can be done. Part will not be available until November. Any ideas would be welcomed, could a second hand pipe be used?

Very surprised that they cant source until November !! I had a leak above the fuel tank where it enters the fuel pump (& Fuel Level Indicator). The whole set of pipes (4 in total) was around £56 + VAT, although fitting it is awkward as you have to drop the fuel tank ! I would try and source it yourself and then let them fit it, unless you feel OK doing it yourself. As a previous poster has mentioned, a fuel clip and a piece of pipe could be the cheaper alternative and quiet straight forward to do. If the leak is on the green marked pipe, I believe thats the one which has the high pressure feed to the engine.

Regards

Unsporting Lisbon

Very surprised that they cant source until November !! I had a leak above the fuel tank where it enters the fuel pump (& Fuel Level Indicator). The whole set of pipes (4 in total) was around £56 + VAT, although fitting it is awkward as you have to drop the fuel tank ! I would try and source it yourself and then let them fit it, unless you feel OK doing it yourself. As a previous poster has mentioned, a fuel clip and a piece of pipe could be the cheaper alternative and quiet straight forward to do. If the leak is on the green marked pipe, I believe thats the one which has the high pressure feed to the engine.

Regards

Unsporting Lisbon

It is the green pipe and have been in touch with Land Rover; I am not the only person waiting to get this part, fortuneately the dealer is managing to keep me on the road.

Many thanks for your help.

Several component manufacturers have gone into liquidation resulting n lack of spares.

Regards john (Currie)

There was a recall on the TD5's because of fuel pipes rubbing on the chassis. The recall notice gives detailed instructions on new routing of the pipes and wiring to avoid this happening again. I can only assume that the dealer didn't do it right in the first place.

Thread on the problem here -

http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=23450

Les.