missfire and idle

rockyrock

i have a disco 1 3.9 v8 es. recently because of air an oil leaks i replace the valley gasket with a new composite one, at the same time i changed all the hoses around the plenum including air inlet and vac advance also swapped a leaking injector. The engine now runs 100% better however 2 problems persist. There is a constant missfire, very visable on No 1 when setting the timing as the strobe kept stopping and also when the engine is warm if i am in gear and hold the disco on the brake such as when at a junction the revs almost die and i have to let the brake off a creep forward a bit to let the revs back up. I did have to rebuild the distributer and wonder if the air gap could be a problem as it was a bugger to get right. The timing is 6 BTDC and i set the base idle about 600rpm. any thoughts would be appreciated. (unless anyone out there is so bored they want to do a free megajolt install)

first thing to try would be the cap arm and leads along with a new set of NGK plugs. sounds to me like a the cap and arm are worn, causing the misfire.

one thing to try would be to substitute a known good lead with the suspect one to see if it cures the problem.

lpg is notoriously hard on ignition systems