Rear wheel arch outer repair

Highway_Star

Hi Jim,

can't find it as a separate part in my parts CD.

Could be a repair panel for the flat angled section just forward of the rear wheel arch inside the door, but I'm only guessing.

Hopefully someone with more knlwledge and experience will be along shortly.

The rear wheel arch extension is, as you say, mainly to mount the rear mudflaps and protect the underside a bit.

Mine was full of holes but 1/2 an hour and a bit of 18g sheet soon made another.

That's another beauty of the Rangie. Most, if not all, of the inner body bits are simply folded flat sheet. hence quite easy to replicate given enough time and ingenuity.

I talk in the singular as due to space limitations I can't get to both sides of my Rangie at once.

I expect the other side to be just as bad.

Bob :)

Oops, just had another look.

The rear wheelarch extension also supports the bottom of the rear wing via a little L shaped bent bracket which will be rusted away if it's anything like mine.

Again, dead easy to make another, you could even use thicker or better material if you wish.