Leaking clutch master cylinder

I replaced the clutch master cylinder 2 months ago (the internal spring broke). Since then, the new one has never stopped leaking. It got worse and worse to the point where it was draining the reservoir in 2 days. Last week I removed the pedal box and the top plate with the intention of renewing the seals, however, when i removed the top plate, I could see no apparent leaks. The dust cap and pushrod were totally dry. I could only blame the pipe union. So I undid it, re-fitted it, re-fitted everything, bled the system, washed the whole area and everything was fine..... until yesterday. I found another trail of fluid running down the pedal. Until this morning, the fluid level remained virtually unchanged. The area surrounding the pedal box too appears to be dry (last time it leaked it made a mess of the bulkhead. I tried to put a piece of tissue paper on the pipe union to see if it soaks up any fluid, it remained dry. Where's this leak coming from?