had my disco looked at

sargejnr

i had my disco 300tdi looked at on friday and i had it plugged into a diagnosis machine and it came up with a fault that i was hoping someone on here had heard of and knows how to sort it, the fault is Injection Begin Sensor Fault, code number was 142, any feed back would be appreciated

I guess you have the EDC version of the 300tdi (fly by wire) and your Discovery has an auto gearbox.

The error you got seems to be an injector timing sensor fault. One of the injectors, number 4 to be precise, has a built in timing sensor. Could be the injector (the sensor on the injector which is a coil) at fault, the wires/connectors going to the ECU or the ECU itself.

In case you need it, the part number for this #4 injector is ERR3337 and the price for the new part is between 150 and 350 quid so make sure it's faulty before buying a new one. Some people on here converted their EDC 300tdis to non EDC so you may find a used injector for sale.