200tdi

Peterla

Does anyone know if you can get oversize radiators for my 200 tdi.

When I am loaded up I get up to 105-110 degrees.

I have a new standard radiator, new viscus fan, new water pump and thermostat.

I am not loosing any water so I feel my head gasket is fine. Replaced 1 year ago.

This leads me to think that my radiator cannot get rid of my heat on hot days (38 degrees) when I am under load.

Any help would be appreciated.

Peter

LR doesn't/didn't provide an oversize radiator and I never heard of an aftermarket option.

On the other hand, those temps could be normal, depends what you mean by "when I am loaded up"/"when I am under load" and it also also depends what device are you using to measure that temp (where it's connected and if it's calibrated).

You can read some info about the normal operating temperatures of a Tdi engine here: http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=47483

Read my post in that thread and try to describe the "when I am loaded up" bit like I did. Otherwise I'll take you have the Disco "loaded up" in the garage and you're cooking a stake on an open fire under the engine :P

Thanks for the link and comments.

Loaded up means AC on, towing a caravan up a long hill.

I use a thermocouple and VDO temperature guage.

I have looked at the calibration of this using boiling water. Within 1 degree.

Possibly my bull bar has restricked air flow??

I will look at making a custom aluminum rasiator. Might have to save a bit of money for this.

Peter