off road tyre pressures

daveytroy

hi the folks,im dave ive recently joined the forum as ive bought a discovery for a bit of fun off road,i was wondering what kind of tyre pressure should i be using offroad ive purchased insa sahara 235 65 16s with a max rating of 34 -36psi,i have them set at 28 psi allround for normal driving,could anyone advise me if this is correct as it feels better at 28 than 30,any comments would be appreciated :)many thank newbie dave

hi the folks,im dave ive recently joined the forum as ive bought a discovery for a bit of fun off road,i was wondering what kind of tyre pressure should i be using offroad ive purchased insa sahara 235 65 16s with a max rating of 34 -36psi,i have them set at 28 psi allround for normal driving,could anyone advise me if this is correct as it feels better at 28 than 30,any comments would be appreciated :)many thank newbie dave

Hi Dave

I have Insa Saharas 235/70R16 on my TD5 Discovery2. When I run them on the road I have them at 30 front and 38 rear. I experimented a wee bit starting at the recommended 28F/38R. I would put the rear up to 40psi if I felt comfortable going that much above the max on the sidewall. Off road I lower them as far as 20psi. They work very well when this low.

Hope this helps.

Gary

Hi Dave

I have Insa Saharas 235/70R16 on my TD5 Discovery2. When I run them on the road I have them at 30 front and 38 rear. I experimented a wee bit starting at the recommended 28F/38R. I would put the rear up to 40psi if I felt comfortable going that much above the max on the sidewall. Off road I lower them as far as 20psi. They work very well when this low.

Hope this helps.

Gary

Hi Gary,thanks for your comment,im not to sure about using more psi than stated on side wall,but i have tried 30f 36r and this seems to be the result i was looking for,ive tried with 24f30r for a play this morning and i was amazed at the difference in traction with just a moinor psi adjustment,many thanks dave