lt230 differances

w_heily

i have a ex 83 schuler range rover i had a pair of chains break in the schuler case which are imposible to find

so i went through changing the transfer to a std lt230 auto case which is 1.003 ratio the old one was 1.192 and was viscous

now i finally gotten sick of how much more gutless it is so i put in one out of a 110 which is 1.410 and i found the differances

were the difflock arm on the transfer was shorter the selector linkages were differant and the actual high low selector is

differant even internally and i noticed when i had to take it apart that the center diff carrier was alot stronger in apperance

it will mean that il be doing 3600rpm at 110kph with 31's the old setup with the schuler did 3500 with 225/75r16s

the other option was to put s2a rover diffs in which i have here but desided not to becuase they need shiming

i heard some of these lt230s came std with lsd centers in the early ones