car audio help

paul278mc

i have a disco 98 50th edition on a S plate i have 8 speakers all running of a crappy head unit and wish to add an amplifier but would also like to add a bass box in the back

so i need probably two amps to power them all. all my speakers are fli and i have 2 4" in the front 2 4" in the back pillars and 2 5 1/2 where hte bass unit used to be plus the two tweeter already in the front as standard.

can any body advise as to the best way to go about this. I am NO expert and would really like to get someone to fit it all for me ( i have a jvc head unit i would like to put in as it has a usb in and a Ipod in but am at a loss. Is ther already and amp in the car I found a cd multi changer under the driver deat but i think it is only the box as the cd is missing.

If any body has any ideas or is able to fit/sell me the amps i would dearly love for you to contact me and let me know.

Many thanks for your help

paul

Hi Paul, i uprated all the speakers in my disc done away with the subs and little amp (in the rear door) it went on to sound quite tinny even with the bass on the head unit right up!

Under the passenger seat i fitted a sub amp combo unit

This transformed the sound no end! sound is awesome, loads of bass and all in the drivers compartment.

I got the sub from Halfords, the one i have is no longer in stock :( as i was going to get another move the cd changer and put one under drivers seat too.

But i see they are doing a larger unit for about £110 ish, not sure what its like? but well worth looking into going down that route!

Best thing to do is take the front seats out measure for room, and have a shop around as i beleive there are quite a few of these on the market now!

Hope this is of some help to you.

Ian