Disco 300tdi wiring

DefcoL

Hi all

I am not an auto electrician and get mind blanks when looking at all the different coloured wires.

I can wire up a bulb/radio accessory, able to check/change fuses but get very lost on the wiring maps.

I need some simple instruction to help me get some heating back in the cab.

My heater blower has stopped working and I have checked all the fuses on the fuse panel under steering wheel, all ok

I have replaced the heater fan switch panel. Still no fan

I have plugged in a spare blower; power is getting to the powered vent in the blower unit but still no fan action.

Can any of you gurus tell me all the things to check and where they are located please…. Are there linked circuits that will cause this problem?

Thanks in advance

Lawrence

I have plugged in a spare blower; power is getting to the powered vent in the blower unit but still no fan action.

Translate what I quoted for me please. Do you get +12V on the pin corresponding to the white/red wire (measured against a good known ground) at the blower plug with the switch on (on any of the steps except OFF) or not? EDIT: forgot to say .... and ignition ON!

Does your 300tdi have AC and what year model is it?

Translate what I quoted for me please. Do you get +12V on the pin corresponding to the white/red wire (measured against a good known ground) at the blower plug with the switch on (on any of the steps except OFF) or not? EDIT: forgot to say .... and ignition ON!

Does your 300tdi have AC and what year model is it?

no AC

do you mean the large connector or the small on?

thanks

Neither.

It's the 2 wire (or 2 pin) connector in this picture, close to the yellow wrap:

6504_12.JPG

As you see in the picture, it has a white wire with a red strip and a black wire with an orange strip (orange not seen).

Disconnect the plug and test for +12V on the white/red wire as I suggested and we'll go from there.

What year model (or what plate) is it?

Neither.

It's the 2 wire (or 2 pin) connector in this picture, close to the yellow wrap:

6504_12.JPG

As you see in the picture, it has a white wire with a red strip and a black wire with an orange strip (orange not seen).

Disconnect the plug and test for +12V on the white/red wire as I suggested and we'll go from there.

What year model (or what plate) is it?

ok.... nice bright bulb on red/ white with switch on/ign on

1. Connect the bulb across both terminals on the same 2 wire plug and test with ignition ON and switch through all 4 positions (especially last = full blast) - i.e replace the blower motor with the bulb

2. Test the motor itself - feed it to where the above plug goes with a separate ground and with +12V from the battery, preferably fused, or from the white/red wire you just tested.

Give the results of both tests pls

Check PM.

I thought you have the vehicle close to your net connection or something.

I try to put in all in one message if you didn't leave for garage yet.

Still here?

done the test good powere to motor. repluged the spare (just the power) and it is now spinning on command.

dont know why it had a change of mind but it means I can swap them over and it should work,, I hope.

Will do that tomorrow and let you know.. many thanks for helping me

Lawrence