Freelander fan

100 david

Hello all, ok a friend of my wife has a 2001 2.0 diesel Freelander, when she stops the engine you can hear what i would discribe as a electric motor or fan noise comming from the left front area of the vehicle then after a minute it stops, now i know the P38 Range Rover inside out as i own one but the Freelander is new to me , so is it a fan or a motor i can hear running, its not the 2 for the radiator.

I would be very grateful if one of you Freelander guys could help

Some higher end models have a fuel burning heater in this position which cuts in on cold days. Sounds just like a fan and last for a few minutes after you switch off. The tell tale is the mini exhaust pipe under the front wing just in front of the tyre.

Thankyou, i used to be a truck driver and i thought to myself it sound just like a overnight heater from a truck, i looked under the front wing and there was the tell tale pipe and i thought no , cant be.

Thankyou very much for that, you learn something new every day