Series 3 wiring problem

bandit177

Please help me! I have just fitted a Series 3 bulkhead to me Series 2a. All the front wiring came with the bulkhead and I have managed to get all the front electrics working.

For the rear I purchased a new rear loom which plugs in at the bulkhead. I have got the rear indicators and brake lights working but no rear lights. I have checked the bulkhead connector and have no power going to the rear lights but obviously do to the indicators. All fuses are ok.

Any ideas what I need to check next would be gratefully received!

Please help me! I have just fitted a Series 3 bulkhead to me Series 2a. All the front wiring came with the bulkhead and I have managed to get all the front electrics working.

For the rear I purchased a new rear loom which plugs in at the bulkhead. I have got the rear indicators and brake lights working but no rear lights. I have checked the bulkhead connector and have no power going to the rear lights but obviously do to the indicators. All fuses are ok.

Any ideas what I need to check next would be gratefully received!

Is the rear loom for the series 3 or the 2A? Have you got any wires (particulary red ones) left over? Are you using the the 2A switches or the ones from a 3?

Have you got a wiring diagram? This is the series 3 one:

Land_Rover_Series_III_wiring.pdf

9 and 10 are the tail lights, 24 is the S3 lighting switch.

From Landroverweb book 6, page 48.

Thanks for your quick response.

All the wiring is Series 3 as is the dash with series 3 switches.

I dont have any spare wires and all colours seem to be matching ie B R and RB.

What I can't understand is the front is working fine and the rear seems to branch off from this. I think I will peal back the outer insulation and see how it joins. Could there be any issues to look at in the dash please?

Thanks again.

What I can't understand is the front is working fine and the rear seems to branch off from this. I think I will peal back the outer insulation and see how it joins. Could there be any issues to look at in the dash please?

My two guess are - the rear loom is defective, or the lighting switch is defective. If you've got a multimeter, have you tried testing for voltage starting at the switch? The diagram shows the front and rear coming off different terminals. You could also do a continuity check from one end of the rear loom to the other to eliminate it as an issue.