Sanden A/C Clutch

TomG

Hi

Quick question.. what's the current draw of the clutch on a Sanden A/C Compressor?

Am rigging it up for on-board air keeping the ARB electric compressor as a backup and plan to use the ARB compressor relay to also switch the A/C clutch (through a seperate inhibitor switch), but not sure if i'll need to put in a bigger relay?

Thanks

Guest diesel_jim
Hi

Quick question.. what's the current draw of the clutch on a Sanden A/C Compressor?

Am rigging it up for on-board air keeping the ARB electric compressor as a backup and plan to use the ARB compressor relay to also switch the A/C clutch (through a seperate inhibitor switch), but not sure if i'll need to put in a bigger relay?

Thanks

taken from sanden's site, it shows as "Normal current should be 3.6 - 4.2A at 12VDC"

Good point, will fit one of those bolts umm i mean slow-blow fuses :lol:

I've fitted a grease nipple to the filler plug and fired some high temp grease in there.

Had it rigged up temporarily the other week with the tyre inflator connected, at 1500rpm the gauge was reading 100psi without being connected to a tyre :blink:

same setup as an endless air - it works REALLY well, reseats 36 mexs if you hook it into a disposible party ballon tank (free from any kids party place)

they chuck out air so quick its hot as hell, put an airline fitting on it and hook it into Blue pneumatic hose (take the heat easily), put the air intake to the filtered side of the airbox and you wont have to worry about wading :)