Oil in engine bay

After replacing turbo hoses everything great for a while then noticed tinny metallic klunking and power not good. I wondered if it might have been the turbo packing up having had full pressure perhaps for first time in a while. Visually nothing I could see and since hectic this week carried on. Today noticed oil under the engine when parked up - always a bit of oil but never this much. Opening bonnet there was a lot of oil everywhere so it has to be spraying out somewhere. Checked sump oil and levels are ok so not losing masses but more than I should be.

Hoping to have a look tomorrow but hard since street all dug up and only very cramped drive on steep slope to weork on.

Reckoned I would check tappets first and then try cleaning up before trying to run engine to see if I can see anything but wondered if the symptoms screamed anything to any of the grown ups which might help narrow my search down.

Thanks for any pointers.

My first port of call would be to check that all the boost hoses are intact, and then the engine breathers........... i would also say, run it with the bonnet up, and rev it slightly,..... you might even be able to detect where the oil, most likely mist, is coming from....

I had the same a while back, coming from the rocker box gasket, I think this is a common problem, oil was everywhere.

Heres a helpful tip I learnt when I used to do up motorbikes; If I had an oil leak I would clean up the engine, and then cover it with a thin layer of talcum-powder, run the engine for 30 sec's or so, and have a look, it was fairly easy then to pin-point where the leak was.

Hope you get it sorted