TD5 Fuel filter housing

kingrat

The common fault has happened and the filter housing has snapped off at the bolts and is now held in place with cable ties. I have a filter housing in the garage with 4 ports which I bought a while back when playing around with twin tanks for running on veg oil in the 200tdi. If I remove the ports from the existing housing will I be able to do a straight swap?

Sorry its been a while since I've been around its been a little hectic.

Cheers

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so got time at the weekend and removed the housing. Standard setup 2 ports flow through, 2 port drop though, so I look at the porting and its different. The old housing is crumbling like pastry so I decide to take the plung and remove all the pipe fiiting and fit to the new housing.

One pipe has a 'plastic flute' on it which destroys itself due to the smaller flows, however apart from that all the pipe fittings go ok.

Refit the fuel pipes and bleed the air. All ok.

Start the engine and it runs fine, but pump is noisey due to air still.

Now runs ok with still a little air in system, but no fuel leaks. Will run it around a while now as I need to take the kids to a BMX race this coming weekend at Birmingham, but it looks like I've saved £120.

Need to have a thing about whether to port out the fuel flows and figure out what the orange rubber bit was and if its needed.

Paul

• 2 weeks later...