welders in liverpool

godzilla84

Hi all. My discovery (300tdi/P reg) like pretty much all others has succumbed to the dreaded tin worm, worst of which is the drivers sill, rear inner arch and front inner arch along with some rust on the boot floor. The rear cross member seems to be ok. Im fairly mechanically competent but i dont want to even try to tackle the welding as I want it done properly. To this end, do any of you know anybody in the liverpool area who could in return for some drinking tokens carry out the welding required?

I have read about sill replacement on the various different threads on here and although the box section route seems most sensible in my opinion, the passenger sill is rock solid so im reluctant to have that cut out just to fit box section on both sides and on one side only it would look very odd.

As for the boot floor, i have considered cutting that out and replacing it with a plain sheet of steel and riveting it in place myself instead of forking out to have that welded too. However i have heard conflicting opinions about wether that will pass an MOT or not.

I know that I will be spending more than its worth in all likelihood but i have already invested money in repairs to the mechanical side of things and im not keen on throwing that away because I know that when its welded properly I will have a rock solid truck that with the right treatment will last me a long time.