Manual Boost Controller

DiscoStu

Hi all,

I wondered if someone could educate me a bit about MBC's?

I read a post a while back where someone mentioned they had fitted an MBC valve. I was interested at the time and when I got the opportunity recently to get one for pretty much free I did.

Now, as I understand it can regulate the boost produced by the turbo by controlling what pressure is allowed to the waste gate actuator.

I'm not quite sure how this changes anything though. Am I right in thinking that it wont actually increase my boost pressure unless I shorten the wast gate actuator rod then use the MBC to fine tune it?

I've read that it can eliminate wastegate creep and some lag - I think I understand about the wastegate creep - no pressure at all gets past the ball valve until the set point, then it opens fully and allows the pressure through to the actuator.

Does anyone else use one of these and can to be used to up the boost a bit? I have a gauge and wouldn't go much more than 1.1 bar.

Stu.