Defender Headlining Alternative

MrKev

Ok, so I've got a Defender 110 station wagon with a saggy and grubby headlining, and I fancy tidying it up a bit.

A friend of mine has a roll of upholstering carpet in an appropriate colour, which he has offered me the use of. I have seen one or two pictures on here of some quite nice jobs that people have done in this respect, and wondered if anyone who has carried out such a job would care to post up a couple of pictures to inspire me, or equally if anyone has any tips of things to watch out for, recommendations of suitable adhesives and other materials, then that would be good.

Should I, for example, include a sponge / foam layer (closed cell,presumably) to help with insulation?

Kev

Not the roof i know but, I covered rear of mine with carpet putting a dense foam onto the top of the wheel arches first then the carpet. i used some of the spray adhesive available from your friendly carpet fitter. Dunno what it is but it goes off in minutes and sticks like nothing. in the year since doing it nothing has moved. Oh and the fumes as you do it are incredible. after doing one side panel i worked out that it might be better to have some ventialtion alternately braethe and enjoy