Alarm/immobiliser Thatch CAT1 rectangle fob issues

muddy

Evenening folks, sorry if this has been covered before but i am in abit of a rush and all the searches refer me to spiders.

I have just bought an L reg 300 auto with mechanical pump. It has a rectangular fob that plugs into a socket in the chubby box. According to the previous owner this was a landrover genuine 'upgrade' that he fitted himself and it all plugged into the origonal loom without cutting of wires etc.

When on a greenlane in portugal the engine died and no matter what 'plipping' was done it would still do nothing with the key turned to position three. So a starter button and flick switch for the stop solinoid was wired in and is still there now.

I would like to rip the lot out and do away with any alarm immobiliser and just have it like a defender on the key however the mrs likes the idea of being able to 'plip' it to unlock etc.

When i press the one and only button on either fob i have nothing happens and if i plug one into the socket the central locking sometimes does something other times it does not. The light on the fob does not light up and the vehicles hazards flash for 30secs before going out.

If i replace the batterys do i need to re introduce the fob to the alarm? Has anyone seen this type of thing before?

A manual or wiring diagram would be fantasic :wacko:

Cheers, Will.