Fuel gauge on 95 disco tdi...

stubbz

Hi there good folk, now this may of been covered before so mega sorry if it has but I would like to know if there is a fuse associated to the fuel gauge as when I purchased the truck the gauge was not woring in that it shows empty with low fuel light on and just want to make sure its nothing else before buying a new tank sender, also if the sender does need replacing will the system need bleeding and are the fuel lines under pressure...

Any advice would be coool

Kind Regards

Stubbz

Well, on the same topic, my Disco 300 Tdi '96, the gauge works, and seems to "remember" the poisition of the needle, as it stay put in the position when i switch off.

I never knew there was a low diesel warning light, as i fill up when between 1/4 and empty, untill I actuall went on driving till the gauge showed empty, and then a warning light came on. I was surprized and glad, now I know it works.

The plastic float on the sender may have perforated and it became heavy and sank to the bottom.

There is no need to purge it as the lift pump will suck the fuel from the tank. Even if your lift pump is bad, there is a lift pump inside the injector pump which will suck up the fuel all the way from the tank when you start the engine. Its the same thing as if you run out of fuel.

Make sure that there are no air leaks at the fuel connections.

This might be a good time to clean the sedimenter as well.

Steve