Discovery II headlamp parts?

Andy J

Hi all,

i dont know if im alone in this but upon changing the headlamp bulbs in my 2004 Disco II, with the circular lenses style, the fixing screws have sheared in the headlamp housing. I have searched around the internet to see if it is possible to replace just the black plastic rear casing of the headlamp assembly but i dont see any sign of such a part. Can anyone on here tell me if such a part exists or am i going to have to shell out upwards of £150 for a whole new headlamp assembly?

I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Thanks

Andy

Ive just upgraded my headlamp bulbs on my Landmark disco and the were very tight to get off! Have you tried phoning the dealers for a part number and then checking the internet.....if its a whole new headlamp assembly then maybe a breakers? Also remember too copper grease the screws as you dont want it happening again! Im currently having a problem removing my fog light bulb. Good luck anyway!

Which part do you need?

1696.gif

Hi Fozsug,

looking at this it is part number 1 which is what i most feared. I was hoping that the back casing of the headlamp assembly (which the fixing screws are attached to) would be swappable given that both my headlamps are in a similar state. I thought it would be another one of those 'common' part failures. Looks like im going to have to botch something (likely) or shell out for a new assembly (highly unlikely unless i win the lottery but then i would just buy a new car :-) )

Cant believe such a crappy fixing failure on a routine service item can cause such expense and disruption. Some things on the Disco II make me want to go back to my Disco 1 .

Sorry - rant over :angry2:

Andy