Spares for ARB awnings - plastic pole inserts?

Pastycrimper

I have an ARB awning which I'm more than happy with. Unfortunately I have broken two plastic parts. Namely the twist lock that sits in the aluminium telescopic poles such that when you extend them out you just twist the poles to lock. Now I have broken one of the pastic "swivel" joint which inserts into the end of the side pole and fixes to the main mounting bar which allows the pole to swing in and out between storage and setting up. They are both very simple plastic insert type things and I'm certain there must be UK maufacturers of similar things. I have spoken with D4x4 who supply ARB awnings and they can get them for me but they have to order them form Australia. Not only are the parts £8each unless I want to wait a 12 week lead time I have to pay £50 air freight to get them sooner! I figured there must be a UK solution but a various internet searches has got me nowhere. Wondering if anyone nows about such things or has non-ARB awnings that may use similarish parts.

Fiamma have a similar twist lock system, so you could look there or your local camping supplier, alternatively try a ARB supplier in Australia or even eBay Australia, I buy stuff from there all the time, postage for an ARB tyre deflater/gauge I just got was 18Aus to the UK via recorded mail and took around 6 days to arrive. I guess £50 is for a Fedex type service but in my experience for small bits postage normally takes less than a week.

Jason.

Good thinking.....I'll give it a whirl. It's quite standard that re-seller to supplier use Fedex expensive air frieght and yes it normally does arrive within a week. I just cant help feeling that I should be able to repair this for nit too much the stubborn git that I am. I'm happy to pay well for OEM parts but for two simple plastic bits is a little frustrating. Thanks for your advice.

Well there's certianly a lot of Fiamma spares available in the UK! Out of interest most of the Fiamma parts I have seen are for square or rectagular poles/strength members. Do you know of any Fiamma product that uses round poles as ARB does?

Sorry your correct the Fiamma ones are odd shapes, was thinking of my current howling moon unit that has round poles. ARB often rebrand other bits like with their fridges so maybe theirs are howling moon?

Jason.

I cant believe ARB went to all the trouble of designing and manufacturing that small part. Have a look around some large tent/caravan sales places. There must be something on some manner of awning/tent which is virtually the same.

I know! Its ridiculous! There are lots of UK plastic manufacturers who make all kinds of inserts etc for furniture and many other things. I'm still looking though and not finidnig much luck. As Jason mentioned above hopefully there will be a UK awning maker that uses round poles and similar bits (my next trouble is they'll be imperialand the OZ may be metric)

Try

Just looking at the Howling Moon website and their picture of an awning looks very very similar to my ARB one....just looking for Howling Moon Suppliers in the UK now....

Try contacting Howling Moon in SA, I needed a spare bit for my awning side they sent it for free.

Jason.