2001 D2 Drivers Window (Goes up, not down)

ajh

As the subject says; I'm looking at a 2001 D2 and the drivers side window will go up, but not down... is this likely to be the motor itself? A practical off-shoot is while the motor was disconnected it got rotated up more than it should as the switch got hit and of course won't return now.

Any suggestions welcome.

I have partially answered my own question. I went ahead and removed the motor and while the connectors to the motor itself are frayed and might have shorted at some point the motor works as expected. (Yes, I should have tested at the connector before removing it, but then I'd have missed the frayed ends on the pigtail, hopefully I can order that part alone).

After this I did check the connector to the pigtail and it only gets power on the up signal, nothing at all on the down. So, I guess I'm going to have to trace it back to an ECU or similar to figure out if it's a simple break or something fried.

Still, any experiences would be helpful.

Thanks.

I had to change the "regulator" on mine. There's places where it could miss gears etc, so is it trying to move at all? If its making motor noise but not moving I'd say it's mechanical issue. If no noise at all then an electrical issue?

Might not help, but at least it's a reply!!

Dave