Central locking query

SharkyMarc

Have you got a small red light directly underneath the radio? If so you have remote locking and alarm. Before getting a remote you need to know which frequency it operates on 418mhz or 433mhz. The fob is a single button one. Have a look athttp://www.remotekey.co.uk/cars/Land-Rover/default.asp for all the info you need. If you get a single button fob you can code it youself.

Is it an early 1995 Discovery? If so should have a single button remote fob which as peterdon says you can recode yourself - seem to recall it involves lots of ignition on/off, locking/unlocking with button, and lifting of bonnet...

You might find however the alarm unit has given up the ghost, which is why there is no keyfob.

If you lock with the key, it should arm the alarm but not the internal sensors I seem to recall, and a red LED should flash either under radio (single button remote) or in centre of dash binnacle (2 button remote)

I know on mine (single button) when I used to use the factory alarm, if you locked with key, it would arm and you could unlock with key & unarm.

If you locked with keyfob, you would trigger the alarm unlocking with the key - you had to use the keyfob to disarm.

I modified mine to use a different alarm years ago - just uses the central locking part of the alarm for C/L.