Disco 1 3.5 v8 Help req

Early90

Hi Chaps, i popped out in our new LEZ beater at lunch time to do a quick errand and came home at 5.30pm on the back of a flat bed,LOL. I have decided that another company besides Kwik fit needs renaming...that is "On Time".

The vehicle is a K reg 3.5 with cats.

The engine cut out after about a 4 mile run,was running well,no missfire or any other symptom. It just died as i sat in traffic and would not restart. After looking under bonnet and checking the ignition circuit connections,all good, i called the AA.

Chap quickly determined there was a good spark but no switching or feed to the injectors,at which point we both got on the phone. My call to my local Landy man i was told to check the relay that feeds the ecu located in the drivers side footwell,AA man got the same from his tech line.The relay he was checking is the green one in the first pic,although he could not be sure it was the corrrect one he told his tech guy the wiring colours and they matched those for the ecu relay. Now at this point i thought we were on for a roadside repair so i was not paying any attention to AA chap as a neighbour had stopped to take the p have a chat. After banter the AA man declared relay is working "because i can feel it energise when i unplug/plug it in" This does not mean the contacts are good though and i don`t know if he checked it properly,his comment made me lose a bit of faith. So, Is that the correct relay? If it checks out ok tomorrow where to check next? Can any one point me in the direction of a wiring diagram or even send me one? Any help gratefully received.

Is it this one?

Johnsphone797.jpg

Or one of these?

Johnsphone799.jpg

There is an aftermarket imobiliser fitted that seems to function as normal,it will not turn over when imobilised.

Thanks.