Grinding/whiring noise coming from the mid to rear or my 90

Hi, a grinding/whiring noise has developed from the mid-rear end of my 90 but only happens when under engine braking.

It does NOT happen when accellerating or braking or even heavy engine breaking. It mainly happens after you accelerate and then let off the throttle, staying in gear. It goes away as soon as you apply the brakes...

I have left the handbrake off and tried to move the drum to check the transfer box rear output beaking and can feel no play.

My Uj's in my rear prop are fine... And theres no play on the bearing going into the rear diff,,,

Im thinking it may be the bearings of the rear diff may be worn?? Which could have now killed the diff's teeth?

I think it could also be the pads rubbing on the drum of the handbrake? but then again the noise is only when engine breaking/let off after accellerating so maybe not poss.....

Any thoughts are welcomed and very much appreciated!

Cheers, Bear.

Could be same as my disco. Rear output bearing on transfer box. mines going and making a ticking sort of noise on over run, progressed very quickly to ticking when ever slowing down. the bearing itself is about £2.50 and the seal 60p. ill be doing mine in the carpark in blue zone this weds/ thursday.