Discovery 2 - Fog Light Issue

Freypal

Afternoon all, I did a quick search but came up with nothing related to this...

On the way to work this morning I tried putting on the front fog lights (factory standard) on my Td5 Disco and nothing. Rear fog is working fine. I seem to remember swapping out the fuse from the fronts when my indicator fuse blew one journey (having deemed my front fogs to be of less importance!) but upon arriving at work i checked the fuse box and all seems fine so I must have replaced it....

Both lights were working not long ago. I've not had a chance to check both bulbs yet but it seems unlikely that both would blow together. When i toggle the switch I get nothing, the relay isn't latching and the telltale isn't illuminating. If one or both bulbs were blown would the circuit still close and activate the relay?

Since it's not the fuse I guess the relay itself (under the bonnet) could be dead or the switch on the instrument cluster. I'll check the lamps themselves tonight too.

Are there any other points to check? Or has anyone else had this happen?

Thanks,

Well I guess this is a good result. Looked again at the fuses, none appear blown but swapping some around and they are working again. I guess the fuse must have blown somewhere it's not visible in the plastic.

A lesson to myself to rule out the simple things properly! Mods can this thread be sent into the ether? Cheers.