Soft top over door panel fit

Here's a memory test for you soft top owners - unless someone wants to check for me that is

I'm not certain that after replacing the weedy hoops with something much meatier that the long piece which is above the doors is now fitting correctly

It bolts to the bulkhead and the curved bit sits onto the top of the screen frame.

But does it tuck under the aluminium beam which clamps down onto the soft top or does it just butt up to it?

Mine now tucks under but that just doesn't feel right.

IIRC mine appears to sit under the windscreen clamp, the soft top isn't on at the moment but I will have a look later for you.

I'm interested in your HD sticks, any chance of a picture? - I seem to bend mine regularly on trees :(

IMG_5162_zpsdb8fb00c.jpg

Hi Boris

3rd time of answering this thread. Ruddy work Internet [grrrrr]

I don't think you'd be bending these. They are about 3" tubing all welded together.
I've been out and found a label for you.
http://www.purelymetal.co.uk
Tel 01728 621226

Their website doesn't tell you anything about the hood stick kit, but there is a photo in the automotive section.
I only have the truck cab section and the tub section would bolt to it if I wanted it. But as I have a Trakkers truck cab soft top it perfect for my needs.
I have to be honest, I only bought it because it has a bracket for an inertia seat belt. My passengers do my head in trying to figure out and then moaning about the harnesses. So I'm looking to refit an inertia on the passenger side.

The trouble is when I fitted it the curved sections over the door they were a tad long because of the bigger tube and wouldn't sit right. Which is why I questioned how it used to sit at the front. The front bolt should ensure its sat in the right place, but I just don't recall the over the door panel sitting under the plate over the windscreen, but it's possible it did. I also seem to remember removing some foam padding when I sent it for powder coating, I think this stopped it squeaking. It squeaks like a bloody stuck pig now so it will have to come off for some padding or I will go mad.

Hi Boris

3rd time of answering this thread. Ruddy work Internet [grrrrr]

I don't think you'd be bending these. They are about 3" tubing all welded together.

I've been out and found a label for you.

http://www.purelymetal.co.uk

Tel 01728 621226

Their website doesn't tell you anything about the hood stick kit, but there is a photo in the automotive section.

I only have the truck cab section and the tub section would bolt to it if I wanted it. But as I have a Trakkers truck cab soft top it perfect for my needs.

I have to be honest, I only bought it because it has a bracket for an inertia seat belt. My passengers do my head in trying to figure out and then moaning about the harnesses. So I'm looking to refit an inertia on the passenger side.

The trouble is when I fitted it the curved sections over the door they were a tad long because of the bigger tube and wouldn't sit right. Which is why I questioned how it used to sit at the front. The front bolt should ensure its sat in the right place, but I just don't recall the over the door panel sitting under the plate over the windscreen, but it's possible it did. I also seem to remember removing some foam padding when I sent it for powder coating, I think this stopped it squeaking. It squeaks like a bloody stuck pig now so it will have to come off for some padding or I will go mad.

Thanks for that, I may well give them a call. I've got a full soft top at the moment but would like to convert to canvas truck cab with an external cage soon, are you pleased with your roof? - I cant decide between Trakkers or All Wheel Trim. Does it attach to the bodywork with poppers or rope?

Dad has similar hood sticks to yours, but the metal is covered in moulded plastic. It used to squeak pretty badly so we put thin squares of rubber between the mating faces, along with tightening the bolts up a bit more.

Harry,

Have just fitted the purely metal frame to my 90. Seems good did a good deal at billing. Not actually put the rag top over it yet though.

Hope your build and uni is going ok

Hi Mark, glad to hear you are making progress, will you be doing a build thread? All's going well thanks, I drove the 90 for the first time in 2 years today!