Disco TD5 turbo boost regulator anf guage fitting.

petrolhead63

Following on from my earlier post regarding running issues. We now have an injector wiring loom done (why it needs a whole loom I fail to see? its 2 o rings that fail) and a new MAF meter fitted. The turbo wastegate is free although one bolt on the heatshield is stuck fast and I dont want to snap it off just yet!

Truck running nice. Using Hawkeye all seems well, turbo boost up hill under load gets to about 225 before dumping, but when it does it drops down to about 100. Is this correct? or should the modulator control it better than that if still being loaded up?? The defender i know has no modulator but the disco does.....I assume it modulates boost pressure more accurately.

I also want to fit a boost guage, manifold is best but I dont see any spare tapped holes and have no intention of taking it off!

I can see the small hose from the intercooler pipe to the turbo modulator which could have a Tee put in...........anybody done this?

also does anybody know of a convenient location where there is a grommet already in the bulkhead to run the pipe? I was going to use copper brake pipe.

I think it will be usefull to see what turbo boost is doing whenver driving without having a hawkeye on lap with tiny text!