90 wont start .....HELP

Hi All,
So last week I pulled in to refuel in a well known local supermarket where apparently ''every little helps''', though in my case that doesn't seem to be the case...
Had just returned from a 30 mile trip and the machine was running better than ever.
Filled her up, though during the fill the pump stopped briefly...hmmm, then continued.
Parked up to get some shopping and then headed off into the town.
had only gone a half mile when 90 started to falter, then at the traffic lights she stopped completely (that never happened in the last 12 years), started and continued on with running getting rougher and rougher, until eventually 100 yds down the road i had white smoke and very little power, would only do about 10mph. tried to struggle home 5mls but only got about two thirds of the way and she would go no further. got a tow the rest of the way.
So far have drained the fuel tank and all the brown gunge that was in it, flushed fresh fuel thru from the tank and cleared any stuff out of the pipes. Replaced the filter (full of brown flakes and bits) removed the four union's from the injectors and flushed fresh fuel thru them too. And it still wont start.
The only thing to replace or clean are the injectors.
Any ideas or otherwise please advise.
ta
Rod

If there was dirt in your tank it may have blocked your injectors or its given you a poor spray pattern.

I would check your lift pump is still providing fuel - remove bleed screw from fuel filter and turn her over.

What did you find as to the quality of your fuel ?

You say that there was gunge in the tank but after 12 years that could be expected well at least a small amount.