Misfire at 2500 reves

Pheonix

Hi

I have an issue when driving my TD5 T reg 1999 Disco.

When accelarating through the gears, once between 2000 & 2500 revs the engine feels like it is misfiring/stuttering!!!

Same thing happens when at 60-70mph if at the same rev range.

I have not long bought this car and new to the LR brand. The car was last serviced at 125k mile. Current miles are 128,500.

Any pointers please?

Had the same issue a little while back.

Mine turned out to be a failing fuel pump but the following are well worth checking.

Oil at the ECU end of the injector loom (disconnect red plug and check for oil).

MAF sender in inlet pipework from filter.(its not always necessary to change, it can be cleaned using methylated spirit in a spray bottle)

Waste gate actuator can seize (lubricate wit graphite powder after cleaning as oil will bake on and become sticky)

There are a few more, mostly injector seal related but they don't tend to cause consistent misfire.

There are loads of threads throughout the forum which I found useful in tracking mine down