In need of some help

Good evening all,

I'm replacing my springs and shocks this weekend, and I know this must have been covered all ready on here but I cant find it :unsure:

I'm putting +2 kit on and wondered is it worth replacing the turret mounts aswell? I see you can get +2 turrets but didn't know if its a must to change

Old owner only put +2 spacers with standard springs and shocks

Jim

Then altering your shock turrets will throw things out of whack. A full +2" kit is designed to go straight onto the truck, with no further modifictions.

I don't know if you mean the turrets raise or lower your shock mounting points. Raising your shock mounts by 2" would mean you can fit +2" shocks with standard springs, or +4" shocks with a 2" lift. If you fit matched shocks and springs with a +2" turret, you'd just loose 2" of the shock's downward movement.

Lowering your shock turrets by two inches would mean that your shocks would be reaching their closed length before the axles hit their bump stops. That makes them the thing that's stopping the truck's downward travel, and would give a harsh stop, and probably knacker the shocks. I say this assuming that you're not going to use the old 2" spacers.

As a tip, the forum's search function is a bit pants, try using google, with "inurl:lr4x4" before your query, eg "inurl:lr4x4 +2 lift kit".

Hope that helps,

Jake