my suspension set up on 90

i rebuilt my 90 with the following 3 year ago

set off soft bermach standard height springs

+2 terrafirma pro sport shock front and rear

lowered shock mounts front and rear

dislocation cones front and rears

extended bump stops to stop shocks bottoming out

this set up gives good articulation but is very soft to soft really as it dose bottom out on the bump stops if i hit a speed bump i cringe i current have to go slower than a lowered skateboard thats avoiding to scrap its bumper. :blush: even had the truck bottom out in a dip on a A road made for a very unusually experience :blink:

the shocks now need replacing i think its because the springs are to soft and the shocks are being over worked. correct me if im wrong.

so my question is what are my options? :unsure:

if i were to fit these adjustable gas shocks on the market will these help avoid the spine shattering impacts of axle meeting bump stops

or

am i to rethink this setup

Get a set of Gwyn Lewis shock mounts for a +5.5 shock set up and get some +5.5inch shocks... ES9000 are probably the cheapest but I would aim little higher.

Gwyn's mounts are all galved, nice and simple and good reasonable price. Go to medium stiffness springs +2inch and no need for extended bump stops in my opinion. Just depends on tyre size...

That set up has proven great for many people over the last few years and certainly works for me in the td5 90 when trialling....

I have run 35" for years and liked the look but that was about it, it takes longer to get up to speed, destroys ball joints and is usless if ye are pulling a trailer.

Changed down to 33" work great all round and as a bonus my speedo reads spot on now.

As for your springs I would think they would be fine.