98 landrover disco 1 set timing

RedRover 1

Call me crazy but I have decided to build a top hat 4.0 for my 98 landrover discovery 1. I have built engines before and usually have know problem finding the information to complete a build but this vehicle is a little special. I have a copy of the RAV overhual manual and the landrover shop manual. They cover just about anything you want to know about this vehicle, but how to set the timing on the engine. I have looked through both manuals and I cannot find anything on setting the timing on the 4.0. Anyone have any ideas on where to get this information.

Its easy, as long as you have the correct gems or Thor cam sprocket and flywheel you can't go wrong.

Now, do you have the gems or Thor type inlet manifold? Is it going to be an auto or manual?

The gems type injection system is easier to work with.

You will need to order the correct cam sprocket if its being changed, if its auto keep the gems starter ring or manual you will need to source a 4.0 flywheel as it has milled cut outs. This is all doweled so as long as everything is correct the ecu will controll the timing side :)

post-47238-0-72788900-1456496372_thumb.jpgpost-47238-0-76283500-1456496380_thumb.jpg