rear tailgate window

Brasco

..today i disconnected the battry on a 2005 freelander diesel, inorder to work on the front suspention...when i refitted everything back, the rear window, does not want to close...i refered to hayes and owners manual, but though i found some info on the owners manual, i could not make it work..

what i did was i connected the battry, closed the vehicle with the key fob and closed the rear window with the key, but as soon as i open the car again, the window goes down automatically. I tried to close the window from the inside switch, but as soon as it touches the rubber, the window, returns back down and an alarm signal goes off near the drivers seat... i know i have to recalibrate the window but how?? i removed battry terminal again and tried procedure all over but to no avail...

any similar experience please ??

When you reconnect the battery the rear window will drop to fully lowered and needs to be re calibrated. As far as I can remember (don't quote me) and if wrong i am sure someone will correct me...... you need to stick your key in the rear door and turn it clockwise until the window raises. It should now perform normally - or until you disconnect battery again!