Land Rover Wheel clamp

So just brought a very heavy duty wheel clamp, sold as "suitable for 4x4's" is it heck!!!! So I am now after a wheel clamp that will fit 235/85/16 boost alloys it's for my Sankey trailer conversion, anyone know of one that will fit? any good views/reviews?

Cheers, Jason.

My mate is a Bailiff, he uses 2 types of Metropolitan Police approved wheel clamps to immobilise vehicles that have been siezed, neither of which will fit Land Rover sized wheels -

The Police Wheel Clamp - policeclamp.jpg

The London Triangle Clamp - londontriangle.jpg

However, there is a version of the London Triangle clamp that will fit -

HGV Wheel Clamp - hgv.jpg

I've got one of these HGV Clamps on my 110 -

th_IMG_0952-2.jpg . th_IMG_1827.jpg

You can buy them online, here - http://www.london-wheelclamping.co.uk/shop1/wheelclamps.htm

My mate is a Bailiff, he uses 2 types of Metropolitan Police approved wheel clamps to immobilise vehicles that have been siezed, neither of which will fit Land Rover sized wheels -

The Police Wheel Clamp - policeclamp.jpg

The London Triangle Clamp - londontriangle.jpg

However, there is a version of the London Triangle clamp that will fit -

HGV Wheel Clamp - hgv.jpg

I've got one of these HGV Clamps on my 110 -

th_IMG_0952-2.jpg . th_IMG_1827.jpg

You can buy them online, here - http://www.london-wh...wheelclamps.htm

Cheers Paul,

I saw these but I was not sure how good they were, is it a chain and a plate, what stops it comming off the top of the wheel?

Jason.

Cheers Paul,

I saw these but I was not sure how good they were, is it a chain and a plate, what stops it comming off the top of the wheel?

Jason.

There's a chain welded from the top of the clamp to the bottom right side. This chain has another chain, on a sleeve, that's long enough to wrap around the axle/suspension, which feeds out through a hole on the bottom left and is secured with a BIG padlock.

Here's some fitting instructions I found at http://www.triangle-clamp.co.za/fitting_instructions_1.htm -

1. Rest the triangle plate against the wheel with the chain hole at bottom left and chain loop (the piece of chain with both ends attached to the triangle plate) looped over the right side of the tyre.

fitting_instructions_1.jpg

2. Pass the unattached chain end around the back of tyre, and over the vehicles suspension arm.

fitting_instructions_2.jpg

3. Collect the chain end from behind the left side of the wheel and pull to take up all the slack in the chain loop.

Now pass the chain end through the chain hole and pull the chain again until the triangle plate fits flush to the tyre and covers the wheel nuts.

Note: you may need to lift the clamp.

fitting_instructions_3.jpg

4. Thread padlock shackle through chain link as close as possible to the chain hole to ensure a tight fit of the clamp against the wheel, and lock padlock.

The vehicle is now immobilised.

fitting_instructions_5.jpg