Disco1 2 button remote fob

JimDay

I have a 1995 Disco 1 with the 2 button remote fobs but one of the fobs has stopped working new battery fitted but did not resolve the problem is it possible to program another fb from a Rover 200 to work on my Disco. I'm sure I've read it somewhere that this can be done but cannot find any posts referring to this I've also read in the handbook about a code using the door key in the lock & turning the key so many turns to the left & so many turns to the right to over ride the immobiliser but sadly I don't have the code fro this as it's an old vehicle any info regarding this method has been long lost

Any help or advice much appreciated

Have you tried putting a bit of aluminium foil in the fob to make sure the battery contact is good?

Could be as simple as that, I've had several fobs be seemingly dead but brought back to life with a bit of foil.

Tal