Pic of LR bottle jack mounting?

Hi All,

I have the LR 'pilar' jack that is basically useless with the NAS rear bumper. I have a LR bottle jack I'll be using instead, but I don't know where to mount it. Can someone share a pic of where it is supposed to be mounted and what that looks like?

I dont have a picture but in the modern Army Landrovers it is kept between the front seats against the front of the bulkhead. Its just a simple square bracket that has a notch cut out of it for the screw for releasing the preasure (that the whole jack sits on) and a nylon strap half way up the length of the jack pot riveted to the bulkhead.

I think the discovery 1 has an identical bracket but is mounted in the engine bay.

On the XDs (Wolf) the bottle jack is stowed between the seats, under the SA80 ridle mounts and alongside the fire extinguisher.

There is no centre seat on an XD, just an Observers Stand which is covered in checkerplate. The jack handle, wheel spanners and extension bars stow behind the driver's seat.

The MoD issue bottle jack uses the outer area of the axles as jacking points

A photo is worth a million words

post-7284-1204627334_thumb.jpg

post-7284-1204627350_thumb.jpg

post-7284-1204627363_thumb.jpg