wet carpet

fender246

Hi all i am new to this forum so please bear with me

i have a 54 freelander and just found out that my boot carpet below the rear light is soaking wet and i am hope that somebody out there might have had this problem and could give me a clue as to where it might be coming in

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all i am new to this forum so please bear with me

i have a 54 freelander and just found out that my boot carpet below the rear light is soaking wet and i am hope that somebody out there might have had this problem and could give me a clue as to where it might be coming in

Rubber seal around the boot opening not the door can let water through where the check strap is located, I have added some tiger seal so as to heightened a channel to divert the water away from the bottom of the rear door seal on both sides, so that the water flows down both sides but doesn't go along the bottom of the seal. It seams to be working ! also check about half way down both sides of the seal where their are drain holes they can also be blocked causing water to seep into the boot area. Also I removed the seal and reapplied it to make sure it was all located tightly and that it wasn't damaged crushed or split anywhere.

An extremely common problem and plenty of info on all the various LR forums. The rear door seal has been modified many times by LR in an attempt to cure this problem, new seal cost app £130 from dealer, it could also be the rear window seal needs replacing. A member of another forum found a rubber grommet was the cause of the problem so a search may give you some more options.