Would this twin crank pulley from military series fit a 3 bearing 2.25 Diesel

freefall1

17202-erc5348-crankshaft-pulley-double-4Hi Guys,I have a 1975 series 3 with a 2.25 Diesel 3 bearing engine,I am trying to get parts together for a Power steering conversion at the moment.Does anybody here know if this crankshaft fits my series 3.I have sent two email over the last few days to craddocks & got no reply so far.Thanks for your help.

Crankshaft Pulley Double 4 Cylinder Inc Military 12V Airportable

ERC5348      

Edited by freefall1

I'm struggling to see why it wouldn't work, the crank for petrol and diesel are the same, so is the timing cover... I would probably go for it, if bought over the  internet you have 14 days to return anyways, no questions asked.

• Like 1

Hi Bowie69,Thanks for your reply.Just got this reply from Craddocks  : Hi Peter, ERC5348 would not fit your car as it is the military twin pulley, the correct part would be ERC5349 priced at £9.45+vat.  I sent them another message explaining to them why i was looking for a Twin pulley. So i am hoping it does fit other wise i have no clue as to what twin pulley i need.

Cheers Bowie69 for the link and info.Craddocks have got back to me since with this reply , A: Hi Peter, I have looked into ERC5348 and it is listed as an 'optional' part for the Series 3 for when the eight blade fan with twin belts was fitted. As the only part in this set up that is diesel specific is fan assembly it appears that the pulley will fit a diesel. :)

• Like 1