OT but its a Rover & its faulty

Andy

i picked up a 1995 rover 218 sld just before xmas that needed the head gasket doing. well i put it back together today & encountered a problem. in stripdown i couldnt find the timing marks so i drew some on with permament marker. well the obvious happened & they got rubbed off, so now i cant time it all up to rebuild it.

i thought id worked out the remains of my marks & it turned over by hand fine however it wont start so i suspect its timed wrong. anyone know how to set the timing up on these cars?

i picked up a 1995 rover 218 sld just before xmas that needed the head gasket doing. well i put it back together today & encountered a problem. in stripdown i couldnt find the timing marks so i drew some on with permament marker. well the obvious happened & they got rubbed off, so now i cant time it all up to rebuild it.

i thought id worked out the remains of my marks & it turned over by hand fine however it wont start so i suspect its timed wrong. anyone know how to set the timing up on these cars?

Andy,

Take a look over on www.mg-rover.org in the 'Ask the Gurus' forum. They have a wealth of info on Rover cars.

Nigel