Boomslang Headlight loom problem

Good evening all! I have an issue with my Boomslang headlight loom which I've detailed below. I know some people say they might be a load of rubbish and I could have built my own - true but thought 'why reinvent the wheel'. Anyway problem is....

1. All wired up as per instructions.

2. New light switch as this had melted - all connections checked and good.

3. When I put switch to side light position, sides and dip come on.

4. When I put switch to headlight position, sides and dips remain on

5. Full/dip only works to flash lights to high beam and reverts to dim. High beam does not stay on.

6. Weirdest of all - when I press brake pedal, headlighst on dim come on!!

Any ideas? It may be a poor earth to the loom which I'll check. Also, I've seen some comments about removing a resistor on the dim/full relay ?? 

Lights are standard - not LED.

If you haven't bypassed the dim dip relay that will bring the dipped beam on with the side lights as it sends a feed out to a resister that brings the dipped beam on with a lower output but this is enough to operate the relay for the headlight. Do you have led brake lights? if so there may be enough residual current feeding back through the sidelights to operate the relay through the same link.

• Like 1