RRP38 Lockdown Tinkering.

edsmash

I haven't tested positive but the rest of the house have, don't know how this works but I would put money on me getting it V soon.

So...... if I can't go anywhere I think I'll tear into some of the big jobs on the 4.0 GEMS . Damp, yes she's very wet! Boot seal will not fit properly and pulls away every time I shut the bottom tailgate then fills up with water as it seems to for a bloody great funnel shape into the wheel well. 

New TPS, IACV and O2's. Horrible idle and the poorest MPG (down to 10 now) on both fuel but I think i'm to blame as I tried to clean them. I bought proper TPS cleaner but as you guys will already know there is nowhere to put it, is there? Seale unit as far as I can see, the IACV was cleaned with the MAF cleaner I bought which just knackered it. I was running poorly to start now won't fire at all. As I've read here the IACV can stop the engine.

Bushes, all of them from Britpart...... BLACK  poly ones. 

Rust...... There is'n a lot but I have hydrate 80, flap wheels and paint so I may, on a dry day, give her a dig poke and paint. I know they don't dissolve like RRC but she is showing signs around the boot area.

Could do with someone who has Nancom in the Leighton Buzzard area to clear out the computers when done. 

Well, in morning I'll dig in...... wish me luck and any advice would be greatly appreciated. 👌👍

• 2 weeks later...

All sensors have been replaced and a session on testbook has transformed my car. Instantly MPG went up to 16 from 10 and I think it's still on the up. Turners Garage in Apsley did a great job with other bits as well the diagnostic. The car is a real joy to drive now, beautiful idle and a lot more responsive (as much as a P38 can be). Things for the future....... in summer it will have a new camshaft and timing gear, maybe then the cosmetics. Definitely getting the front seats trimmed and the roof lining but its not gunna be a restore project. It can wear it's scruffy bodywork with pride.    

• Like 3