Retro fit CDL LT230 - diff lock switch wiring

garryc

Acquired an LT230 from a CDL equipped Disco 2. Fitted it into our 53 plate auto. All good. But....

I am trying to connect the hi-lo switch and the diff lock switches.

I have a green and yellow wire coming from the hi-low switch to a socket on the top of the housing. That would appear to connect to an equivalent receiving socket - but the cables out of that are red/white. When I ground the red/white the transfer box in neutral warning light comes on. So that would appear to be correct.

When I look at the C0681 connector, I don't have a wire coming out of pin 7 and down to the diff lock switches. On the side coming from the main harness the expected black/blue wire is there. Which I assume goes off to the SLABS.

I have the two spade connectors on the box near the spigot. When I wired one up in a series 3 lightweight there was no SLABS. So it was a simple case of wiring the spade terminals with a feed into a warning light on the dash.

I've tried grounding the feed wire into pin 7 -black/blue - but no dashboard light illuminates. Is it that I have to t-splice into the incoming feed into pin 7, connect that to the spade terminal and then earth the other spade? Or is there a return back to the SLABS?

As ever, thank you so much for your kind assistance.

So my question is do I need to splice into