How do I remove a freelander tailgate panel?

mattowen72

I have just brought a freelander, but the stupid missus reversed into a concrete post (On the 2nd day) pushing the spare wheel against the bodywork and leaving a dent. I looks easy enough to push out as the paint is not cracked, but I need to get the tailgate panel out to pop it back out. As I am totally new to owning a freelander, all advice is most welcome as I don't want to pay excessive garage fees. Cheers, Matt

Assuming you mean the plastic trim inside the tail gate ...

Remove the four screws along the bottom of the tailgate below the "door pocket".

The panel is then held on by push on clips, three on each side, two at the bottom.

Use a wide screw driver (or someone with thin fingers) to release the clips.

Pull the panel out from the bottom, and unhook the top from five further clips.

Cheers

Blippie

Assuming you mean the plastic trim inside the tail gate ...

Remove the four screws along the bottom of the tailgate below the "door pocket".

The panel is then held on by push on clips, three on each side, two at the bottom.

Use a wide screw driver (or someone with thin fingers) to release the clips.

Pull the panel out from the bottom, and unhook the top from five further clips.

Cheers

Blippie

Thanks for that, I will take look 1st thing Monday morning. Hopefully the clips will not break on me.....

• 2 weeks later...

Prise off the black trangular bit by the door mirror.

Open the door using the interior handle - there's a screw behind it - undo this and the two other screws and remove the handle.

Then it's pretty similar to the rear tail door: Undo half a dozen screws around the door pocket, prise the sides off and then lift the top edge off.

Cheers

Blippie