Defender 90 Td5 Power lacking

Hi mates,

I have a Defender 90 TD5 from 2005 with 70,000 km. Portugal

While driving on the road, without any warning, noise, or indicator lights, I feel the car losing power. I have to stop and restart it, and it works just fine until it happens again.

I can't explain it better than this because the car doesn't give me any more information. 

I saw some comments on this site saying that it could be the turbo or particulate filter, but it may not be either of those things.

If any of you have any idea what it could be or a solution I would appreciate it. I answer any questions you want to make things easier

Or, I am no TD5 expert, but I understand they will run fine with the air flow sensor unplugged, using default values. That should let you eliminate that from your investigation (or not).

Be careful of the cheaper MAF sensors, it’s a common experience that they have very short lives. That’s why it’s worth making sure you need one before you buy - and then buying the best you can. I used VDO, who are now rebranded to Continental.