Stuck window

Aven

Not sure about removing the panel - probably just pops off if you work you way around with a flat bladed screwdriver, if it is like most door panels there are just push-in trim clips, you will break at least 2/3 of them in removal so get some new ones before you start!

The problem is almost certainly the window regulator, instead of the tried and tested "scissors" mechanism the Freelander uses a stupid continuous-wire-running-in-a-tube design and the wire chafes through and breaks, or corrodes through and breaks, or just breaks. New regulator will be needed if so and they ain't cheap - and you can't get bits to fix them. I seem to recall the genuine ones make a nasty hole in a hundred quid but you may be able to get them cheaper than that if you are in the UK (which is a polite way of saying fill in your profile so we know where you are ;) )

I expect it will be making funny graunchy grinding noises? if so that will be the problem, 99% sure, seen loads of them broken. Often the passenger side one rather than drivers side which is odd because drivers window usually gets more use. I think water sits in the tube and rots the wire through or something. The whole thing is a rubbish design.