Axles, T-box, Chassis

yellow

I am planning to build up my 110 again, a bit 'from scratch'.

To keep things in or under budget, I was wondering whether I could use the body off a 109, the axles of a Disco I/II or RRC, etc...

The papers and chassis I have are from a 1984 110 Hardtop diesel, but I want to go stawagand a more powerful diesel

Early 110s had a selectable 4x4 setup,which I might want to re-install. How would I do this?

Alternative would be to buy a pre-1965 109 stawag, coil-spring the chassis, and dunk in a 300Tdi or TD5. (Can I keep the grill mounted lights?)

Any thoughts on this?

Very few early 110's had the selectable drive set-up, it was drpped by LR after only a few sales, I've only ever seen 1 in France about 7 years ago, the transfer box is different to a standard permanent 4x4 drive 110 & I suspect these 'selectable' boxes & front hubs are very difficult to find,

Body from a 109 wouldn't look right as the rear wheel would be to far back in the wheel arch, Discovery rear axles are not rated for a 110's maximum gross weight, you would have to get the completed vehicle approved & a new VIN plate showing new axle & gross weights from the relevant authoriteis.

easier would be to rebuild the existing vehicle but fit the Series set back front panels, but I would just stick with the normal 110 panels.