NATO Towing Electrics

Jingle

Has anyone got a diagram illustrating which wire is which for NATO towing electrics?

I've got a NATO socket on my landy and recently bought a NATO plug with a couple of feet of wire. I intend to wire this to a 7pin socket so I've got an adapter (instead of messing up my vehicles wiring adding a new 7pin socket). However all the bloody wires are yellow!!!

I do know that I'm going to end up with some redundant wires thats not a problem.

Thanks in advance.

Jingle.

edited to add: I've actually READ the forum and found the information on an earlier post. Apologies.

If you don't want to keep the vehicle as original MOD spec and you will never be towing a MOD trailer then 7-pin is the way to go. I have always converted my ex-MOD LR's which makes sense as my Sankey has also been converted to 7-pin electrics and it allows you to tow any other trailer without having to worry about the adapter.

Just remove the NATO socket and disconnect the wires from their connectors behind the panels in the rear tub (the convoy-light may need to be disconnected from underneath, I can't be sure). From then on it is standard 7-pin wiring as the main wiring harness is the same as a civy one and all the colours corrispond. I think you will find the wiring diagram for 7-pin electrics is in the Haynes and it is certainly on page 144 of the genuine owners handbook (about £12 from the LRE bookshop).

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone got a diagram illustrating which wire is which for NATO towing electrics?

I've got a NATO socket on my landy and recently bought a NATO plug with a couple of feet of wire. I intend to wire this to a 7pin socket so I've got an adapter (instead of messing up my vehicles wiring adding a new 7pin socket). However all the bloody wires are yellow!!!

I do know that I'm going to end up with some redundant wires thats not a problem.

Thanks in advance.

Jingle.

edited to add: I've actually READ the forum and found the information on an earlier post. Apologies.

Have a look here Sankey towing electrics. All the wires are yellow, but they are all numbered...

Matt

edited to add... I just read your post properly and saw that you've already seen my earlier post!!!

;)